A ShockWave is a mechanical pulse, it’s not an electric shock!
This amazingly effective treatment for tendon and soft tissue problems uses high-intensity sound waves to improve metabolism and blood circulation, which stimulate the body’s own repair mechanisms and allows it to do a better job of healing itself – at a greatly increased rate – particularly in the case of chronic, longstanding conditions.
It is used extensively for treating injuries in professional sport where fast return to action is of paramount importance. But it’s not only for the professional athlete, everyone with soft tissue injuries can benefit from the accelerated healing and enjoy a faster return to pre-injury activity levels
Knee Pain – Patellar tendonitis is just one of the many conditions that this remarkable therapy can help to successfully resolve
HOW CAN SHOCKWAVE THERAPY HELP?
Research into the effectiveness of shockwave therapy has shown high success rates and excellent long-term results. It’s an excellent, non-invasive treatment option to consider for the treatment of conditions like tennis elbow, achilles tendonitis, rotator cuff, patellar tendonitis, plantar fasciitis or jumpers knee which sometimes fail to respond to standard treatments and can become chronic problems that limit sports and everyday activities
SW Therapy delivers fast effective results, in many cases, there will be an immediate reduction in pain, as well as improved mobility and functionality it’s:
- Non invasive – no injections required
- Drug Free treatment
- Non-Surgical – No lengthy recovery period
- No risks normally associated with anaesthetics
- Fast effective results (normally only requiring 3-4 sessions)
- Performed in our Clinic – no hospital admission
- Convenient appointments – no time off work
WILL SHOCKWAVE THERAPY HELP YOU?
- Do you have pain in your heel, elbow?
- Have you been diagnosed with tennis or golfers elbow, shoulder tendinosis or calcification, shin splints, jumpers Patellar tendonitis, achilles tendonitis, plantar fasciitis or hallux rigidus (stiff big toe)?
- Have you tried other treatments which have failed to resolve your pain?
If the answer YES to any of the above then it could help you!
Anatomie are one of the few physiotherapy clinics to be able to offer ShockWave Therapy – For more information please feel free to speak to one of our clinical specialists